As a corporate businessperson you need to balance life and work pressure in a simple way. How? Learn to master the art of yoga.
Yoga is the one ancient art that is being revived by thousands of people worldwide. Millions practice it daily and feel its benefits. From the art of breathing to the masterful mindfulness of each asana (move), yoga is designed for all to do. There are even types of yoga for kids.
If you’re living an overall organic and holistic lifestyle, then there’s definitely a great need to infuse yoga into your daily routine.
LHJ.com lists a few yoga poses you can do while at work.
1. Interlock your fingers and extend your arms outward, straight in front of your shoulders. Your palms should be facing outward. 2. Slowly raise your hands overhead, stretching all the way from the waist. Work on straightening your elbows. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds, relax, and try again.
Chair Twist 1
1. Sit on the edge of your chair, sideways with your left side facing the chair back. 2. Throughout the pose, keep your feet and knees together and even. 3. Place your hands on the chair as shown. 4. Inhale while straightening your spine. As you exhale, twist toward the back of the chair, twisting from the very bottom of your spine — pushing with your left hand and pulling with your right hand. 5. Repeat the inhalation/straighten, exhalation/twist series several times. 6. Release and switch sides.
Chair Lower Back Stretch
1. Sit in your chair and widen your legs so they are wider than hip-distance apart. 2. From the hip crease, bend forward and allow your entire body to relax. You can round your back. Drop your head and completely relax your neck. 3. If you are not completely comfortable, try putting a rolled blanket or towel at the hip crease and lean over again. 4. Hold this pose as long as you like, allowing each exhalation to relax your body and mind a little more. Sit up on an inhalation, pause for a few moments, and try again.
1. Place the back of a chair against the wall. 2. Stand with your left side toward the front of the chair, your feet 2-1/2 to 3 feet apart. 3. Place your left foot on the chair. The heel of your left foot should be roughly parallel with the arch of your right foot. 4. Extend your arms, shoulder height, palms facing downward. Relax your throat, neck, and shoulders. 5. Slowly bend your left knee into a right angle. Continue to keep your back leg straight and your back foot pressing into the floor. Look straight ahead or out over the hand over the chair. 6. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds. Release and switch sides.
1. Stand with your left side facing the wall, feet together. 2. Bend your left leg so your knee touches the wall and your foot is on your inner right thigh. 3. Place an old tie around your shin if you need help keeping your left up. 4. Press your foot into your thigh and your thigh into your foot. 5. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds, then release and switch sides. 6. As you progress, you will no longer need the tie or the wall.
So, get stress free immediately with yoga practice today.