I am Worth 32 lakhs !!
I am 50 years old and generate Rs.5.3 lakhs worth of oxygen, recycle Rs.6.4 lakhs of fertility to the soil, control erosion and create Rs. 10.5 lakhs worth of shelter for birds and animals.
Besides, I provide flowers, fruits and timber. So, when even one tree is planted, the universe gains something worth Rs.32 lakhs.
Are you ready to help with this investment?
I HAVE THE POWER !!
My shade can make buildings cool upto 20 degrees in the summer.
My mature leaves intercept an average of 760 gallons of rainfall a year.
I absorb 4.5 kg of pollutants from the air each year, including approximately 2kg of ozone and 2kg of particulate pollution.
If you wish to do something to bring down Global warming, I’m here to help you.
Status of Forest Cover in India
- Forest and tree cover in India is around 20%.
- Required green cover is 33%.
- Very dense forest = 51,285 sq.km (1.56%)
- Moderately dense forest = 339,279 sq. km (10.32%)
- Open forest covers 287,769 sq.km (8.76%).
- Total non-forest area in India is
- 2,611,725 sq.km (79.45%).
- If we take away the North-East, green cover is less than 5%